Friday, December 2, 2011


5. If you had the responsibility to decide where $1 million should be spent to improve conditions somewhere in the world, what project(s) would you choose? Why?

If I had to decide where $1 million should be spent to improve conditions somewhere in the world it would have to be in Cambodia. I recently took a trip to Cambodia and the conditions there are far worse than I have ever seen, many people live on the street or live in hand made leaf houses. Almost half of the population are not getting the nutrition they need to be healthy. Also, school is provided but, books, pencils, paper, notebooks, etc. are not provided; therefore, some kids don't go to school because it's unaffordable. My experience in Cambodia taught me a lesson to not take things for granted. It showed me a world that I have never seen before, it absolutely changed my perspective and values. So, if I had $1 million I would provide a homeless shelter to those without homes, have food for them and buy kids the essentials to have a good education.

No comments:

Post a Comment